Cape San Blas Activities – Things to Do on Vacation
St. Joseph Bay Golf Club (850) 227-1751 700 Country Club Rd., Port Saint Joe, Florida (about 15 minutes from Barrier Dunes)
St. James Bay Country Club 850-697-9606 160 Laughing Gull Lane, Carrabelle, Florida
Wildwood Country Club 850-926-4653 3870 Coastal Hwy. Crawfordville, FL
Bay Point 4701 Bay Point Road, Panama City, FL 850-235-6950
Camp Creek Golf Club 684 Fazio Drive, Panama City Beach, FL. 850 231-2019
Holiday Golf Club 100 Fairway Blvd., Panama City Beach, FL. 850-234 -1800
You can enjoy a golf cart in and around Barrier Dunes and on the bike path that runs up the Cape by calling St. Joe Rent-All at 850-227-2112.
The Loggerhead Run Bike Trail is an 8-mile bayside bike trail that runs along Cape San Blas Road (on Cape San Blas!) It runs from Salinas Park (the start of Cape San Blas) to St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, right outside of Barrier Dunes! You will also find 20 miles of bike lanes between Panama City & Port St. Joe on Highways 98 & C-30. It’s a great area to bike as the roads are flat and smooth! Riding in the State Park is a lot of fun—be sure to get off & explore the paths, the beach & bay. Bring a picnic lunch & make a day of it!
If biking, walking fishing or paddling won’t do it, you can always get a short-term membership to One Way Fitness Center Gym 209 Reid Avenue, Port Saint Joe, FL. (850) 227-1929 aways open
Dixie Theatre in Apalachicola has a great calendar of live theater & movies year-round!
FITNESS & EXERCISE:
I often get asked if there is a workout room at Barrier Dunes, but there is not. If you are interested in staying in shape & walking, biking, swimming and snorkeling won’t do it for you, you can contact Coastal Fitness in Port St. Joe. Located at 310 Reid Avenue – Phone 850-229-1900.
You can also enjoy Yoga with Mexico Beach Yoga!
Birding seasons are Fall through Spring! Enjoy Northern Gannet, White and Brown Pelicans, Cormorants, Herons, Egrets, Geese, Blue-Winged Teal, Bald Eagle, Dunlin, Northern Harrier, Black-Bellied Plover, Snowy Plover, Wilson’s Plover, Royal Tern, Forester’s Tern, Caspian Tern, Geese, and America Kestral to name a few!
RAINY DAY? Art of Glass, 47 Market Street. Across from the Gibson Inn
Bits & Pieces: 1-hour pop art classes. You pick your canvas glass & other media & create your work of art. When it’s complete, we coat it in a clear epoxy and you can pick up your masterpiece the next day. Call ahead with a time and a day that’s convenient for you & your group or just show up. 3 convenient classes held daily at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. & 3 p.m. Great for parties or company outings Great for you to bring something special home from your vacation that you can enjoy for years.
Port St. Joe
- Amigos 218 Reid Ave. Latino flavor fresh bread, tortilla, cheeses and a variety of sauces, canned goods, sodas, chips, CDs, shirts, hats and more.
- Antiques on Reid 207 Reid Ave.
- Bay Antiques 301 Reid Ave. Art, antiques and collectible curios.
- Beach to Bay Interiors 414 Reid Ave.
- Boutique by the Bay 319 Reid Ave.
- Bow Wow Beach Shop 301 Reid Ave.
A unique source for quality products for dog lovers and dogs that love them!
- Bluewater Outriggers. Right next to the Piggly Wiggly in Port St. Joe. 877-216-9600 * Pet-friendly & they have dog treats!
- Cape Trading Post Right on Cape San Blas.
Offering a full line of groceries, fresh meats, produce, souvenirs, beer, wine and a liquor store. Also freshly made sandwiches, pizza and more. Come by for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Daly’s Watersports 317 Monument Ave.
Come by for all your watersports needs! Skimboards, swimsuits, dive and snorkel gear, scalloping equipment and more. They also rent surfboards, kayaks, stand up paddleboards (SUP), body boards and wave skaters.
- Ed’s Red Hot Sauce 2911 Garrison Ave. Locally made hot sauce and cocktail sauce shipped anywhere in the world. GREAT with oysters!
- Expressions from the Heart Florist and Gift Shop. 200B Reid Ave. Full-service florist.
- Joseph’s Cottage 403 Reid Ave. Gift shop.
- No Name Cafe 306 Reid Ave. Books, art supplies and coffee shop.
- Persnickety 229 Reid Ave. A boutique with gifts, ladies and children’s clothes, invitations, pet boutique items & an assortment of unique gifts.
- Petals by the Bay Reid Ave.,
- Portside Trading Company 328 Reid Ave. Gifts & decorating items.
Apalachicola, Florida (about 25 minutes from Cape San Blas–worth a trip to the unique shops and
- Apalachicola Antique Mall 118 Market Street, Apalachicola, FL. 850-653-3894. Antiques, collectibles and funky vintage Florida!
- Artemis Gallery in High Cotton Marketplace 18 Seventh Street, Apalachicola FL. 850-653-8990. Unique gallery featuring exquisite fine art, clothing, accessories and gifts.
- Avenue E15 Avenue E, Apalachicola, FL. 850-653-1411. Unique home furnishings and antiques.
- Betsy’s Downtown 67 Commerce St., Apalach. 850-653-1290. A unity bookstore.
- Betsy’s Sunflower 14 Avenue D. Apalach. 850-653-9144. Kitchen, Garden and Gourmet.
- Chez Funk 88 Market Street, Apalachicola. 850-653-3885. Antiques, gifts and painted furniture.
- Smokehouse Antiques 16 Ave. E, Apalach. 850-653-3550. Antiques, art, photography, fountains, ironwork.
- The Chestnut Tree 79 Market Street, Apalach. 850-653-2084.
- Taylor’s 10 Avenue D, Apalach. 850-653-9133. Antiques, collectibles and funky vintage Florida.
- Tin Shed Nautical’s 170 Water Street, Apalachicola, Florida. 850-653-3635.
Mexico Beach, Florida (about 25 minutes from Cape San Blas, Florida):
- Beachwalk – Beach & Giftware 13252 Highway 98. 850-648-4200. Fine gifts and clothing.
- Driftwood Inn Gifts 1701 Hwy. 98. 850-648-5126. T-Shirts, and gift items.
- Frost’s Pottery Garden 2950 W. Hwy 98. Pottery from around the world, exotic plants, Adirondacks & oak rockers. The gift shop has painted glass, copper art, blown glass, jewelry, candles, beach items, handmade baskets, shells, outside rugs & fountains.
- Gulf Food and Gifts 900-A Hwy. 98. 850-648-5129. Souvenir, beachwear and accessory needs.
- LadyFish 2802 Hwy 98, Unit B. 850-648-4847. Women’s boutique specializing in unique, fun and preppy clothing, jewelry and shoes.
- Two Gulls at the Beach 2802 Hwy. 98. 648-1122. Souvenirs, t-shirts, ladies and men’s resort wear and shoes.
- Prickly Pears Gourmet Gallery 101 S. 36st St.. 850-648-1115. Gourmet Food, art, chocolate, cheeses, kitchenware and cooking classes.
- The Shell Shack Hwy 98. 850-648-8256. Great shell jewelry and accessories plus a seafood market.
- Toucan’s Gift Shop 812 Hwy. 98. 850-648-5861. A vast assortment of t-shirts, souvenirs and gifts. They carry swimsuits for all ages.
Port City Axe House: 306 Ried Ave, Port St. Joe 850-705-1927.
Enjoy throwing an ax at targets and some Asian fusion at Market Street Social while you’re there!
Estuary Tours 301 Market Street, Apalachicola. 850-653-8687. River Cruises. NOTE: Have heard GREAT reviews about this tour from several guests!
Island Air Tours 8 airport Road, Apalachicola. 850-653-2222. Air tours and scenic flights.
Shell Island Shuttle Shell Island is a natural, undeveloped island located in Panama City. It’s home to one of the highest concentrations of bottle-nosed dolphins and the islands pristine beauty and abundant wildlife make it an enjoyable day! Shuttle, Snorkel package and kayak rentals.
Gulf Marine Specimen Lab Learning fun for the whole family. Aquarium touch tanks. In Panacea FL. 850-984-5297
Scooter Rentals Coastal Scooter Rental 850-927-4011 or Jolly Roger Beach Shop 850-927-2999
Please visit the Area Events Calendar (includes Festivals, Special Events, Fishing Tournaments etc.)
St. Joseph’s Catholic Church, 202 20th Street, Port St. Joe 850-227-1417
First Baptist Church of Port St. Joe
Gulf County Church Information
Port St. Joe Church Information
Port St. Joe United Methodist Church
NEED THE ACTION OF PANAMA CITY? It’s only 50 miles away!
GULF WORLD MARINE PARK
Need a little more entertainment? Gulf World Marine Park is in Panama City. Park Admission Includes dolphin, sea lion and parrot shows, turtle, shark and alligator exhibits and special programs that include: swimming with a dolphin, trainer for a day and dolphin day camp (RSVP’s required for special programs. Gulf World is open daily, rain or shine at 9:00 am. Learn more at Gulf World Marine World or call 850-234-5271.
Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum Intersection of Front Beach Road, Thomas Dr. and Middle Beach Road in Panama City Beach. 850-230-6113.
Shipwreck Island Water Park 12201 Middle Beach Road, Panama City Beach, FL 32407. 1-800-538-7395 or 850-234-3333. Panama City Beach’s ONLY waterpark!
365 Atlanta Family Blog: Good article on things to do and places to eat around Cape San Blas and Gulf County CAP
MASSAGE & PAMPERING
A Day Away Spa Services
We offer a range of spa services. Lose yourself in a soothing massage or indulge yourself with a facial.
Riverfront Therapy Enjoy a relaxing massage! Therapeutic & relaxation massage for stress reduction, pain and fatigue. Light or deep tissue work. Kathy brings her table right to you so enjoy a massage on Cape San Blas in the comfort of your own Barrier Dunes Vacation Rental!
Massage Therapy by David Oakley, LMT 585 Madison Street, Port St. Joe. 850-2274791
Polished Nail Boutique 230 Reid Ave. Port St. Joe. 850-229-7009
Shoreline Skincare & Massage 315 Williams Ave., Port St. Joe. 850-227-1953
Permanent Make-up, Microdermabrasion, Facials, Waxing, Light Therapy, Sweedish, Deep Tissue and Hot Stone Massage.
Kelly Rene’s Hair Studio & Day Spa 302 Reid Ave Port St Joe, FL 32456 (850) 229-1113
Hair, Nails and Waxing Services. Full-service salon and will travel to your location.